MizzouRec Rules and Guidelines
At MizzouRec, we strive every day to make your leisure experience safe and enjoyable. In order to better serve you and meet your needs, we ask that you follow simple rules and guidelines that have been implemented for your safety. If you have any questions or concerns about our rules and guidelines, please contact our Membership Office at (573) 882-0369.
The Department of MizzouRec Services and Facilities staff reserves the right to implement any of the following rules or guidelines in order to protect the health, experience, safety and well-being of all facilities users.
- Any person whose behavior violates any of the University's four institutional values may have their membership privileges suspended or cancelled.
- All currently enrolled Mizzou students and Student Rec Complex members must present their Mizzou photo identification to enter the Student Recreation Complex. Members must have their ID on their person at all times while using the facility.
- The areas within and around the walkways surrounding the Student Recreation Complex are gum, tobacco, and smoke-free environments.
- Please be courteous to others and place trash in appropriate containers throughout the Student Recreation Complex.
- Please secure personal items in lockers and do not leave items unattended in the SRC. MizzouRec Services and Facilities is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in the Student Rec Complex. Please be courteous and place gum in appropriate containers.
- Alcoholic beverages and any other illegal substances are prohibited in the Student Recreation Complex, Stankowski Outdoor Complex and all outdoor parks under the direct supervision of MizzouRec Services and Facilities.
- All recorded lost and found items are saved and stored at the Equipment Desk. All lost and found items are held for one week and are then sent to University Surplus for monthly auction.
- In the event of severe weather, students, members and guests may be directed to designated shelter areas within the Student Recreation Complex.
- General locker rooms are available for student and member use on a daily basis at no charge. Individuals must provide their own locks and empty the locker each day. No overnight storage is available in the General Locker Room. Locks will be removed if left overnight.
- Clean, non-marking, textured sole, close-toed shoes are required in all activity spaces throughout the Student Recreation Complex.
- Appropriate attire is mandatory at all times. Shirts, pants/shorts, and close-toed shoes are required. Game jerseys are available for checkout at the equipment desk.
- Equipment is available for checkout on a daily basis at the Equipment desk located near the General Locker Rooms. Towels are also available for checkout at the Equipment Desk. A photo ID is required for equipment checkout and must be returned the same day to avoid late charges.
- Stretching in designated areas is permitted. The wooden handrails around the facility are not to be used for stretching.
- Cycles used as transportation to and from the Student Recreation Complex must be placed in designated racks located near entrances. Failure to comply may result in bike confiscation and/or removal of membership privileges.
- The Rothwell Gymnasium entry on Rollins is an administrative entrance only. There is no access to activity areas available through this entrance.
- Follow posted daily directional instructions and stay in the correct lane for your appropriate speed. The inside lane is designated for walking and the outside lane is designated for running.
- Appropriate attire is mandatory at all times. Shirts, pants/shorts and closed-toe running shoes are required during activity.
- Stretching is not allowed along the track. Please make use of dedicated stretching areas.
- Spitting on the indoor track is disgusting and prohibited.
- Please be courteous to all other members while using the indoor track.
- In order to use Stankowski Outdoor Recreation Complex, you must be a current MizzouRec Services and Facilities member or have signed a reservation form from the department for a special event.
- Smokeless tobacco and smoking, gum chewing, bikes, pets and glass products are not permitted on or near Stankowski Outdoor Recreation Complex. Cycles must be placed is designated racks.
- Appropriate attire is mandatory at all times. Shirts, pants/shorts and closed-toe shoes are required during activity.
- Running shoes are required on the track surface.
- Please be courteous and place trash in appropriate containers.
- Spitting on the outdoor track is prohibited.
- Any misuse or vandalism of Stankowski Outdoor Recreation Complex or equipment should be reported immediately to MizzouRec Services and Facilities personnel or called in to MUPD at (573) 882-7201.
- Guests are responsible for their own safety while using the Stankowski Outdoor Recreation Complex and assume all risks associated with outdoor recreation activities.
Racquet Sport Courts
- Four racquetball courts and one squash court are available for use.
- Racquet sport courts are to be reserved for play. Reservations for courts are available one day prior to the time of play. Full name and contact number will be required to reserve courts.
- It is recommended that all players wear goggles.
- Students and SRC members are responsible for bringing their own racquets and racquetballs.
- Reservations will be held until 10 minutes past the reserved time.
- Students and SRC members may only reserve one time slot at a time.
TigerX and Tiger Lair
- You must be a current Mizzou student or SRC member to purchase a TigerX pass.
- Mizzou students and SRC members may purchase TigerX passes in the Membership Office.
- A TigerX Season Ticket allows any Mizzou student or SRC member into all TigerX classes for the semester.
- A TigerX One Day ticket allows any Mizzou student or SRC member into one TigerX class one time.
- TigerX tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Lost tickets can be replaced for $10.00.
- Cycling seats must be reserved. Reservations are allowed to be made one day after 9 a.m. prior to the class.
General Locker Rooms
- Day use lockers are available at the SRC. Students and members must provide their own lock and remove it each day.
- Trash must be placed in appropriate containers.
- Towels are available for checkout at the Equipment Desk. A photo ID is required for towels and must be returned the same day to avoid late charges.
- Students and SRC members must purchase a Rothwell Club membership to use Rothwell Club.
- Rothwell Club memberships are non-transferable and limited to one person per paid membership.
- Rothwell Club membership must be renewed at the end of the specified rental period to avoid a discontinuation of service.
- Trash and towels must be placed in appropriate containers.
Volleyball & Badminton
- Volleyball and Badminton nets will be set up during specified times (see the Equipment Desk or www.mizzourec.com for times).
- Students and members are not permitted to alter or modify volleyball or badminton net set-up; please ask a staff member for assistance if necessary.
MIZZOU AQUATIC CENTER GUIDELINES
- Lifeguards have final authority on all matters in the University of Missouri Aquatic facilities.
- The Emergency Alert System is one long whistle blast. All patrons must exit the pool immediately.
- The use of any part of the Mizzou Aquatic Center is prohibited unless supervised by a Team Mizzou Lifeguard or other certified Aquatic Staff person(s).
- Blocking or restricting emergency exits is prohibited. Use of these exits is limited to emergency use only.
- Glass, of any kind, is not allowed in the Aquatic Center, spectator gallery, or locker room.
- Purposeful hyperventilation is prohibited.
- Swim masks are not allowed for children or recommended for anyone, as they block an airway. Adults are permitted to use them. Glass face plates are not permitted.
- The use of flotation devices is prohibited unless Coast Guard approved. This includes water wings, baby floats, inner tubes, etc.
- Running, pushing, shoving or horseplay are not permitted.
- Water polo or other water games which use a ball shall not be permitted in any of the pools without prior authorization from the aquatic office.
- Soft nerf/foam balls and small toys are allowed during Open Swim only. These toys must be used in a safe manner and not endanger any swimmer. Tennis balls, footballs, hard balls, squirt guns, etc. are not allowed.
- Patrons suspected to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol are not permitted to enter the Mizzou Aquatic Center.
- Hanging onto lane lines or lane markers is not permitted.
- Teaching lessons for personal gain without paying facility and guard fees is not permitted.
- Showers are required before entering pools or whirlpool.
- Nose blowing and spitting in the pool or gutters is not allowed.
- Appropriate swimming attire (no thongs, etc.) is to be worn at all times.
- Food and gum is not allowed within the Aquatic Center.
- Personal items should be placed in a locker, not on deck during recreational swimming.
- Swimmers wearing adhesive tape or bandages will not be permitted in the pools, unless bandages are removed.
- Patrons with skin diseases, infections, or open sores are not permitted to use the pools.
50m Pool Complex
- Lap swimmers must swim in a circular pattern. Lap lanes are designated slow, medium and fast pace. Children may participate in the appropriate lane.
- All swimmers may be asked to show ability to swim as requested by the lifeguard.
- No diving allowed. All individuals must use a feet first entry only during recreational swimming.
- Swimming under the bulkhead is strictly prohibited.
- Patrons are not permitted to walk across the bulkhead.
- Starting blocks are for the sole use of the swim team and approved groups with a coach on deck.
- Swimming is only permitted during posted hours in designated lap lanes and during water fitness classes.
- All individuals may be asked to show ability to swim as requested by the lifeguard
- Diving from the side allowed in designated lap lane areas only or in other parts as determined safe by the lifeguard.
- Tower access is for approved use only.
- Diving and jumping into the water are not allowed in Tiger Grotto.
- Demonstration of swimming ability must be performed at the request of a lifeguard.
- No rafts, flotation devices, or water wings, except those approved by the Coast Guard.
- Patrons are not allowed to walk on, jump on or off, or sit on any of the water walls, islands, or fountain.
- Patrons under the age of 18 are precluded from using the sauna and steam shacks.
- Jumping into the Vortex or Current Channel is not allowed.
- Sinking aides such as rubber bricks, rings, and pucks are acceptable with proper use, as determined by the lifeguard(s) on duty. Rocks or metal objects that will cause rust are not permitted.
- Use of the whirl pool is only permitted for those 14 years of age and older.
- Patrons under the age of 18 are prohibited from using the whirlpool.
- Patrons are recommended to limit their use of the whirlpool to no more than 15 minutes.
- Patrons should not submerge their heads in the whirlpool due to the extreme water temperature.
- The whirlpool capacity is 28.
- Walking on, sitting on, or jumping over whirlpool walls is not permitted.
- Individuals with pre-existing health problems, such as obesity, heart disease, high or low blood pressure, circulatory problems or diabetes should consult their physician before using the whirlpool.
- Patrons who are or may be pregnant should consult a physician before using the whirlpool, and should limit their time in the whirlpool.
- Patrons taking medications should consult a physician before using the whirlpool.
- The spa is not to be used immediately after strenuous exercise.
JUNGLE GYM AND PUMP ROOM GUIDELINES
- It is strongly recommended that individuals receive a thorough physical examination from their doctor before beginning an exercise program.
- Appropriate dress attire is mandatory at all times while using workout equipment. Shirts, pants/shorts and closed-toe shoes are required. Jeans and open-toed shoes are prohibited.
- Users must be 18 years of age or older to access the Jungle Gym and the Pump Room.
- Members are responsible for using the fitness equipment as it was intended to be used. Failure to comply may result in suspension or loss of membership privileges.
- Please be courteous to other members using equipment by immediately returning all weights, dumbbells and bars to their proper areas.
- Weights must not be dropped.
- The use of chalk or any other lifting substance is prohibited in the Jungle Gym.
- Lifting chalk is permitted in the Pump Room for its intended purpose only. Chalk is not to be removed from the designated chalk stand.
- Limit the use of cardio equipment to 30-minute sessions during peak usage times.
- All weight belts, straps and equipment must be checked out through a Jungle Gym or Pump Room Host.
- Please notify a Jungle Gym Host of faulty or potentially unsafe equipment; never attempt to repair a machine yourself.
- It is each member's responsibility to wipe off all strength and cardio equipment after each use.
- Do not alter fitness center setup (i.e. moving benches, rearranging weight trees, etc.)
- Use clamps or weight collars each time free weights are used in order to prevent injuries.
- A spotter must be used for all heavy lifting. Jungle Gym and Pump Room staff is available to assist with spotting and to answer questions regarding the proper use of equipment.
- Olympic lifts are allowed only with proper equipment and techniques.
- Ask a Jungle Gym Host for assistance using unfamiliar strength machines or cardiovascular equipment.