The end of the fall semester is fast approaching and you are looking forward to the end of finals, sleep and binge watching shows! In between the shows and movies, do you know how to access MizzouRec over winter break?
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT DATES TO KEEP IN MIND:
- The West Entrance will be CLOSED December 14-January 21 and facility access will be through the Southeast Entrance ONLY.
• The facility will be CLOSED December 21 – January 1 for facility maintenance and the University winter break closure.
- Check our facility hours for updated availability for our spaces.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP DATES
- Fall 2019 student membership access ends December 20.
- Intersession week 1: January 2-6.
- Intersession week 2: January 7-13.
- Spring 2020 student membership access begins on January 14.
WHAT IS AN INTERSESSION PASS?
As January 2 – January 13 falls between access for the fall and spring semesters, you are able to set up an intersession pass for $10.80. Intersession passes can be set up beginning December 1st at the Member & Guest Services Desk.
You can pay a weekly intersession fee if you were enrolled in the Fall 2019 semester and are enrolled in Spring 2020. The fee will be $10 plus tax per intersession week (see above dates). Even if you purchase the pass on a Thursday, you will still be charged $10 for the intersession week. But hey! That’s still less expensive than buying a daily entry pass ($11 plus tax)!
You can buy weekly intersession passes a week at a time or you can buy them in bulk. We encourage you to buy as many weeks as possible up front to avoid possible long lines. Payment for the weekly intersession fee can be made via credit/debit card, check, or student charge.
WHEN CAN I START BUYING WEEKLY INTERSESSION PASSES?
The last day for regular fall semester student access is December 20. BUT you can begin purchase your winter intersession passes as soon as December 1! Just stop by Member and Guest Services during all facility hours to purchase your intersession passes. Make sure to leave some time in your schedule! The line tends to get long during the first several weeks.
WHAT IF I’M GOING TO BE AWAY FOR WINTER BREAK?
Then nothing that was just said will have a huge impact on you. Just be sure to hurry back in on January 14 when access begins for fall semester students. We can’t wait to see you all back here!
Spring access starts January 14!
*Unfortunately, incoming freshmen or transfer students will not be able to use the facility until the spring session starts (January 14).
WHAT IF I’M A RECENT GRAD?
If you purchased a grad pack from the Mizzou Store, which included your first year membership of the Mizzou Alumni Association, you can get your membership for $39 per month (two months minimum). If you didn’t purchase a grad pack, you’ll pay a $40 Mizzou Alumni Association fee, and then your MizzouRec membership will be $39 per month (two months minimum). You can pay your Mizzou Alumni Association fee and your membership fee at MizzouRec.
Have a great winter break, Mizzou!
- Fall access ends December 20.
- Facility closed December 21 – January 1 for annual facility preventative maintenance and deep cleaning.
- An intersession pass is required for student access January 2 – January 13.
- Spring access begins on January 14.
- Please direct any questions you have about winter break membership to Member and Guest Services in the Southeast Entrance!